Sunday, May 15, 2011

Heat embossing

Heat embossing has been a tricky technique for me. I usually have lots of "debris" left on the card which I don't know how to make a clean embossing. After reading the tips from the "Less is More" card challenge web site, I gave it a try, and it actually works!! Which tip I used? I used cotton ball rubbing over the area I will apply embossing. How can I not play along the challenge after getting this useful tips?!

Here is my card. I think it looks a bit too simple even adding a few gems on the tree. Anyhow, it looks quite good if you just look at the "tree" itself. :-)




Hope you like it.

Diana
http://www.dianacraftdesign.ca/

18 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh I really love this. The bling on the silver makes it really special!

Rita said...

Very elegant card. Hugs Rita xx

Ang C said...

A gorgeous card

Seafield Jo said...

I love it Diana, it's beautiful and elegant. Jo

Zoechaos said...

No mess here, just a delightful card. XOXO Zoe

Sally H said...

A fabulous card. love the bling

Sarn said...

What a pretty card. Very CAS. Congrats.

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

Deborah Frings said...

This is very pretty - I just adore trees!

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done.
Maureen......x

Mandi said...

You've done a great job, specially as it isn't something you felt comfortable doing
Well done
Your card isn't too plain I love it!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

That's a great piece of embossing, I'm so glad that the tips were helpful... that's just what we like to hear. It's why we add them to the challenge in the first place. If they help only one crafter then it's still worthwhile.
This is a lovely card, not too simple at all!
Thanks so much for entering.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

G Peplow said...

That's so pretty, I love the bling on the little silver tree, gorgeous:0) xxx

Hazel said...

A beautiful card, beautifully done. Hazel x

StampingStace said...

I totally love this card! Perfect CAS
Stacex

Suze Bain said...

What a fab little tree image. A lovely card. x

kelly said...

I was worried about mine being too simple to, but I love yours, I have this tree stamp and its great to add a few gems to.
Kelly x

Beryl K said...

Lovely card
Beryl x

Susan said...

What a great tree...and the embossing looks wonderful! The addition of the bling is perfect!